Ceramic tile is one of the most widely used flooring choices in both residential and commercial settings worldwide. It is also a popular choice for walls, backsplashes, showers and more. Ceramic tile can be used in just about every room in a home and is beneficial because it reduces household allergens, is environmentally friendly and increases the overall value of your home. Ceramic tile comes in many shapes, sizes and textures, making it a great choice for designing your dream floors, backsplash or wall.
Top 10 Benefits of Ceramic Tile
- Low Maintenance – Ceramic tiles are extremely easy to maintain. They require simple cleaning and can be sealed for extra protection. There is no special maintenance involved with ceramic tile.
- Environmentally Friendly – Ceramic tiles are made from raw materials such as clay, sand and glass, in addition to recycled materials. They help reduce energy use, thus lowering your energy bill by keeping your house cooler in the summer and more insulated in the winter.
- Easy to Clean – It doesn’t get easier than cleaning ceramic– simply sweep and wash. Ceramic is an excellent choice for kitchens and bathrooms, as they can be quickly wiped and disinfected. Grout cleaner is available to clean ceramic tile grout.
- Cost Effective – Compared to natural stone and other tile choices on the market, ceramic tiles are cost effective. Flowers Flooring has a wide variety of ceramic tile to select from for every room in your home, priced from $1 to $15 per square foot for materials and $4.10 for flooring installation.
- Easily Repaired – When installing ceramic tile, Flowers Flooring recommends keeping a few extra tiles handy in event of a crack. If a tile does crack, it can be quickly replaced.
- Increase Your Home Value – Homes with ceramic tile floors, walls, backsplashes and showers have greater resale value when appraised.
- Reduces Household Allergens – Unlike carpet, ceramic tile does not attract dust and dust mites. Homes with ceramic tile floors have less dust in the air, making the air in your home healthier by reducing the amount of household allergens. This is a tremendous benefit, especially for those that suffer from dust- related allergens.
- Scratch Resistant – Tiles that are made for moderate to heavy floor traffic – Class 3 and Class 4 ceramic tiles do not scratch. This is a great flooring choice for homes with children and pets.
- Moisture Resistant – Moisture can’t accumulate on ceramic tile. Unlike laminate or hardwood floors, you are able to wash the floors with water. Water will not damage ceramic tiles.
- Additional Benefits – Added benefits of ceramic tile is that it is resistant to fire, odor and fading.
Call Flowers Flooring today (704) 445-7750 to schedule your FREE in-home ceramic tile estimate. In addition to providing exceptional tile floor, backsplash and shower installations, we have thousands of tile choices to select from.