When you hear the term luxury vinyl (also referred to as LVT), most people automatically think of the old peel-and-stick vinyl. Luxury vinyl flooring is a new category of flooring that provides an attractive and durable option for high traffic areas. While commercial designers are huge fans of luxury vinyl, this product hasn’t received the attention it deserves from residential homeowners.
Luxury vinyl tile couldn’t be more different than peel-and-stick tile, not only in how it’s manufactured, but also in how it looks and in its applications. Luxury vinyl combines the high-end look of hardwood or natural stone with the durability of vinyl flooring. As a moisture resistant product, LVT is a perfect fit for kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms. Luxury vinyl tile is manufactured by using advanced photographic technologies. There are four distinct layers fused together to produce the final product:
- Resilient Vinyl Backing
- Vinyl Color Layer
- Photographic Film Layer
- Urethane or Aluminum Oxide Top Layer
Homeowners can now have the look, graining and character of real hardwood floors with LVT. Today’s state-of-the-art manufacturing processes can create LVT planks that look like real wood, tile and textured stone. “I installed LVT in my kitchen and pantry. My family and friends have to get on their hands and knees to inspect it because they simply don’t believe me when I tell them it’s not real wood,” said Mrs. Moore, a recent Flowers Flooring customer.
Flowers Flooring sells and installs Shaw Luxury Vinyl Tile and Plank. It has a realistic texture and with hundreds of colors and styles to choose from, matching any décor is easy. Many designs can be installed with grout or without grout, for a true stone or ceramic tile appearance. Shaw’s Luxury Vinyl Tile and Plank brings beauty and peace of mind to any home with Shaw’s outstanding warranty protection – 25 year residential warranty and 7 years commercial. All Shaw products are manufactured in America.
Benefits of Luxury Vinyl
- Look and feel of real hardwood, textured stone or tile at a lower cost.
- Is slip resistant so it’s perfect for wet areas – bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, etc.
- Easy to clean – simple, damp mopping.
- Comes in various sizes so it’s suitable for large and small rooms alike.
- It is inherently water resistant.
- It is extremely durable due to its specialized wear layers and urethane coating.
- Since it’s constructed for commercial wear and tear it’s perfect for residential high-traffic areas.
- Satisfies Green building standards and earns LEED points in commercial applications.
- Meets all the requirements of commercial flammability codes.
Luxury vinyl floors are designed to capture the elegant and timeless look of natural stone, wood planks and tile floors, while providing durability and a comfortable surface to enjoy everyday living. Call Flowers Flooring today to schedule your FREE estimate and to learn more about LVT for your home.
(704) 445-7750 / www.flowersflooring.com