One of the biggest challenges to overcome when it comes to selecting new flooring is the sheer scale of choice now available, and this is especially true when it comes to new floors for your kitchen. While there are pro’s and con’s of virtually every flooring type (tile, hardwood, engineered wood, laminate, vinyl) except carpet for your kitchen, this article will highlight the merits of installing tile in your kitchen.
Tile is arguably the flooring type of choice for a kitchen, but why? Below are the top 5 reasons why to choose tile for your kitchen floor.
- Return on Investment (ROI) – The number one request from homeowners and tenants, when they’re looking for a new home is tile floors in the kitchen. Tile looks amazing, is timeless and is incredibly durable. It can also be pricy but the ROI is high as tile floors increase the value of your home. There’s a tile floor for virtually every budget – from low cost and durable tiles for a rental property to sophisticated and high-end tiles to bump up the ROI on an upmarket residence.
- Style Options – Long gone are the days of boring tile options. There are literally thousands of tiles and tile patterns to choose from. If you can dream it, Flowers Flooring can install it. Perhaps you’re set on wood flooring in your kitchen, there’s even a tile floor that looks like real wood. Wood tile planks are becoming very popular as they are more durable and resist moisture in wet areas such as the kitchen.
- Performance – Tile floors deliver durability like no other. This is especially important in a kitchen due to the high traffic, spills, cleaning and the potential for lots of dropped items such as kitchenware. If you want to install a durable floor that will last, a tile floor is certainly way to go.
- Maintenance – While wood looks great in a kitchen, it takes lots of extra care and attention to keep it looking its best. Tile on the other hand simply needs a sweep or a wet mop to keep it looking its best for years to come. With constant spills and food accidents, tile floors ensure a quick and easy clean up, making it the perfect floor choice for the kitchen.
- Hygienic – Hygiene in your kitchen is critical and not just on the appliances and countertops. Clean kitchen floors are essential to the well being of your family, especially if you have young children. Keeping a tile floor hygienically clean is much easier than any other flooring option. It’s also worth noting that unlike hardwood, vinyl or linoleum, tile floors are non-flammable, an important point to keep in mind for kitchen flooring.
Flowers Flooring has a wide variety of tiles perfect for any kitchen. Our estimators and designers can help you create the kitchen floor of your dreams. Call today to schedule your FREE kitchen floor estimate – (704) 445-7750