If you are thinking about getting new floors, a tile shower or a tile backsplash installed, you may not know where to start. Take a deep breath and know that Flowers Flooring is here to help. The entire process is essentially two steps – selecting your new flooring or tile and then getting it professionally installed. The process is easier than you think but Flowers Flooring recommends asking your estimator or flooring expert the right questions up front to avoid any surprises down the road. This blog post highlights some questions to ask while getting your estimate.
- Can I Take a Sample Home – Colors and styles can look great in a showroom or online but can completely change in your home due to lighting changes, décor, etc. Flowers Flooring always recommends ordering a sample online or taking a sample home from the showroom. A sample will provide you with an opportunity to see how the flooring blends with your décor in different lighting. A Flowers Flooring estimator will bring samples to your home during your scheduled estimate. This allows for convenient shopping from the safety of your own home.
- Is there a Cost Incurred for the Estimate – This is an important question to ask. Many of the big box stores charge customers for the estimate. Flowers Flooring provides a free estimate. There is no charge for a trained estimate technician to come to your home, laser measure your area, show samples, and provide a quote.
- Will the Flooring be Suitable to My Lifestyle – If you have children or pets you are going to need a stain-resistant and durable floor. Different flooring works best with different lifestyles. Be sure to ask your estimator about stain resistance, durability, high traffic areas, water resistant and waterproof options. The Flowers Flooring estimator will help make flooring recommendations based on your specific needs at the time of your scheduled estimate.
- Are there Any Hidden Costs – Depending on what flooring company you work with, services such as flooring delivery, padding, underlayment and furniture removal and replacement can add more money to your overall cost. In addition, costs may unexpectedly arise once your existing flooring is removed to expose potential subfloor damage. There is simply no way to predict unforeseen circumstances. Before you make a final decision, ask about all possible costs associated with buying and installation and factor these costs into your bottom line.
- What is the Process – Be sure to inquire how long installation will take from start to finish. Also ask how you will need to prepare your home before the start of the project. The answers to these questions will help you determine the downtime, and help you better understand the preparations you need to make before the installers arrive.
- What are Your Product Warranties and Guarantees – Ask about product warranties and installation warranty. Flowers Flooring provides a one-year installation warranty, which warrants for a period of one-year that the work will be provided in a workmanlike manner, and in conformity with generally prevailing industry standards.
- Do you Offer Financing – Inquire about current financing promotions. Flowers Flooring has partnered with Synchrony Bank to provide zero percent, same as cash financing. This offers customers a convenient way to buy now and pay overtime. Apply now for financing.
Stop in the Flowers Flooring showroom today to learn more about the estimate and installation process or to schedule your FREE estimate. Reach us by phone at (704) 445-7750. Flowers Flooring is a sales and installation flooring provider located in Cornelius, NC. We service the entire Charlotte metro area including Davidson, Ballantyne, Rock Hill, Concord, Kannapolis and much more. Visit our showroom today to view carpet, vinyl plank, laminate, hardwood, and tile samples.