Ceramic Tile – Practical, Functional & Beautiful
Ceramic tile is one of the most widely used flooring choices in both residential and commercial settings worldwide. It is also a popular choice for walls, backsplashes, showers, and outdoor patios. Ceramic tile can be used in just about every room in a home and is beneficial because it reduces household allergens, is environmentally friendly, and increases the overall value of your home. Ceramic tile comes in many shapes, sizes, and textures, making it a great choice for designing your dream floors, backsplash, or accent wall.
Top 10 Benefits of Ceramic Tile
There are so many benefits to ceramic tile we made a list for you. In fact, there are very few cons to choosing ceramic tile for your home, business, or rental property, but if you need more information to make your decision, here are some of the top reasons to go with ceramic.
- Low Maintenance – Ceramic tiles are extremely easy to maintain. They are easy to clean and can be sealed for extra protection. However, sealing is not necessary, especially if you use grout that contains a sealant. There is no special ongoing maintenance involved with ceramic tile either like other types of floors.
- Environmentally Friendly – Ceramic tiles are made from raw materials such as clay, sand, and glass, in addition to recycled materials. They help reduce energy use in your home, too, thus lowering your energy bill by keeping your house cooler in the summer and more insulated in the winter.
- Easy to Clean – It doesn’t get easier than cleaning ceramic– simply sweep and wash. Ceramic is an excellent choice for kitchens and bathrooms, as they can be quickly wiped and disinfected. While you don’t have to use a special cleaner on ceramic tile, grout cleaner is available but not necessary.
- Cost Effective – Compared to natural stone and other tile choices on the market, ceramic tiles are cost-effective. Flowers Flooring has a wide variety of ceramic tile to select from for every room in your home, priced from $1 to $30 per square foot, depending on your style choice, for materials.
- Easily Repaired – Ceramic tile is very durable and does not often need to be replaced. However, when installing new ceramic tile, it is recommended to keep a few extra tiles on hand in case of a crack or damage. If a tile does crack, it can be quickly replaced without ripping up the entire floor or wall.
- Increase Your Home Value – Choosing ceramic gives you the best bang for your buck. It is not that expensive but increases the value of your home. Homes with ceramic tile floors, walls, backsplashes and showers have greater resale value when appraised.
- Reduces Household Allergens – Unlike carpet, which tends to harbor allergens, ceramic tile does not attract or hold dust and dust mites. Homes with ceramic tile floors have less dust in the air, making the air in your home healthier by reducing the number of household allergens. This is a tremendous benefit, especially for those that suffer from dust-related allergens.
- Scratch Resistant – Tiles that are made for moderate to heavy floor traffic – Class 3 and Class 4 ceramic tiles do not scratch. This is a great flooring choice for homes with children and pets.
- Moisture Resistant – Moisture can’t penetrate ceramic tile making it great for rooms in your home with a high likelihood of water exposure like entryways, mud rooms, laundry rooms, kitchens, and bathrooms. Plus, unlike laminate or hardwood floors, you are able to wash tile floors with water.
- Additional Benefits – While we’ve listed quite a few benefits of ceramic tile, there is more! Some of the other benefits of ceramic tile are that it is resistant to fire, does not absorb odors, and the colors do not fade over time.
Consider Ceramic Tile for Your New Floors
With all the great benefits of ceramic tile we’ve listed, hopefully, you feel confident in your choice of ceramic tile for your new floors.
About Flowers Flooring
Flowers Flooring is your family flooring specialist with two locations – Cornelius, NC, and Winston-Salem, NC. Both locations service a 100-mile radius from the showroom. Both locations specialize in flooring sales and installation, including carpet, laminate, hardwood, sand & finish, hardwood restoration, vinyl plank, vinyl tile, rubber flooring, tile floors, tile showers, tile backsplash, area rugs, interior painting, and more. To reach the Cornelius, NC location please call (704) 445-7750 and to reach our Winston-Salem location, please call (336) 660-0977. Please be sure to inquire about our current promotion and financing offers.