How to Protect Your Floors from the Christmas Tree
Selecting the perfect fresh Christmas tree is a cherished tradition in many homes. Once the tree is placed in the tree stand and adorned with lights and ornaments, you can be sure the holiday season has finally arrived. Before hauling your Christmas tree indoors, Flowers Flooring recommends your floor be properly prepared for the tree you bring home.
Christmas trees can do damage to your flooring if the proper precautionary measures have not been taken. No worries, Flowers Flooring has you covered this holiday season. Check out these tips that will help you enjoy both your tree and your floors throughout the entire season.
Santa’s Naughty List
When it comes to floor damage, Flowers Flooring has identified three Christmas tree culprits.
- Water – You certainly need to water your fresh Christmas tree, but water often spills or puddles at the base of the tree.
- Sap – Christmas tree sap can be very problematic for carpet. No one wants to find a gunky surprise of sap under their Christmas tree on Christmas morning.
- Pine Needles – When needles fall off the tree, they can put unsightly scratches in hardwood or laminate when not removed properly.
Preserve Your Floors this Holiday Season
With the following tips provided to you by Flowers Flooring, you can enjoy your holiday season and your Christmas tree, while still maintaining the beauty of your floor below it.
- Before heading to the car to voyage to the Christmas tree farm, Flowers Flooring recommends preparing your tree for its new home. Sweep, vacuum and/or microfiber mop the space thoroughly before walking out the door.
- Create a proper barrier between your Christmas tree and your floor below. While a Christmas tree stand will ensure water and sap stay clear from your floor, you need to protect your floor from the stand. Add felt pads to the feet of the stand if you are placing it on a hard surface such as wood, laminate, or vinyl plank.
- Think about adding a tree mat to your space. Mats are designed for hardwood or laminate and absorb water correctly. Do not use a towel or rag, water and moisture will simply get trapped, which can mean bad news for your floors.
- Shake off any loose needles before hauling your tree indoors. Flowers Flooring also recommends cleaning up needles daily with your vacuum cleaner or mop to protect your floor from scratching.
- If you keep your tree watered and it stays hydrated, you’ll have less needle loss. Water your Christmas tree often but be mindful of spillage and unanticipated puddles. If puddles do appear, be sure to clean them up immediately.
With these simple Christmas tree tips your floors will look just as good as your Christmas tree this year. If your floors are already worn, outdated or simply in need of an upgrade, call Flowers Flooring to schedule a free in-home estimate (704) 445-7750. The sooner you call, the sooner we can have your floors back in tip top shape before the holiday season. Be sure to inquire about our current holiday promotions and financing offers.
Call Flowers Flooring today (704) 445-7750 to schedule a free in-home estimate to discuss your next project. Our on-site technician can showcase various products in your home. Flowers Flooring is a sales and installation provider based in Cornelius, NC. We service the entire Charlotte, NC metro area including Kannapolis, Concord, Mooresville, Denver, Ballantyne and more. Shop carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile from the comfort and safety of your own home. Happy holidays!