A matte finish has very little sheen but can make a floor look dull. However, many prefer this flat finish, as it gives hardwoods a clean look.
A satin finish has some sheen but does not look glossy. It provides a classic and contemporary look. A satin sheen shows fewer scratches and imperfections. It also tends to look newer longer.
A semi-gloss is a shinier finish but not as impractical as a glossy finish. Semi-gloss does show more dirt and flooring imperfections.
Usually, glossy is only used on gym floors and bowling alleys. A glossy finish tends to show every spec of dust, along with every dent and footprint.
VISIT OUR SHOWROOM
Connect With Us on Social
FLOORING TIPS & ADVICE
- Flooring to Keep You Warm this Winter
- New Floors for the Holidays? Check Out Flowers Flooring in Stock Products
- Rubber Flooring in the Home – Tips on Rubber Flooring
- 7 Advantages of Hardwood Floors in the Kitchen
- Most Common Questions – Hardwood Floor Refinishing
- Protect your Floors this Fall: Tips to Keep Your Floors Clean