Top 5 Reasons to Tile Your Kitchen Floor
If you are deciding whether or not to tile your kitchen floor, it can be a daunting decision. The sheer scale of available flooring choices – tile, hardwood, engineered hardwood, laminate, luxury vinyl – can make your head start to spin. About the only thing you can easily eliminate from the list is carpet. Everyone agrees that wall-to-wall carpet should never be found in a kitchen.
It used to be that you could eliminate the other types of flooring just as easily due to the wear and tear, spills, and moisture levels that occur in the kitchen. Now with waterproofing and scratch-proof products available, it has widened the field of materials suitable for a kitchen floor. Narrowing down your options is a good first step, and here are five great reasons why we think tile is a great choice in the kitchen.
- Return on Investment (ROI) – You may not have considered tile as having a return on investment but in the kitchen it can bump up the value of your home. According to an article by Realtor.com, the ROI on tiled floors can range from 55% to 200%. This means you get your money back plus some.
Tile looks amazing, is timeless, and is incredibly durable. Admittedly, it can also be pricy depending on what you choose. The good news is that there’s a tile for virtually every budget – from low-cost and durable tiles for a rental property to sophisticated and high-end tiles for an upmarket residence.
- Style Options – Long gone are the days of boring tile options. There are literally thousands of shapes, colors, and tile patterns to choose from. If you can dream it or find it on Pinterest, you can make it happen.
If you like the look of wood flooring in your kitchen, there’s even a tile floor that looks like real wood. Wood tile planks are becoming very popular as an alternative to hardwoods as they are more durable and resist moisture in wet areas such as the kitchen.
- Performance – Tile floors deliver durability like no other type of flooring. This is especially important in your kitchen due to the high traffic, spills, cleaning products used, and the potential for dropped items such as kitchenware. It’s naturally water resistant, so when spills do happen, you don’t have to worry about damage to your floor or subfloor.
With a quality tile and professional installation, the lifespan of a tile floor is an impressive 30 to 50 years. Clearly, if you want to install a durable floor that will last, a tile floor is at the top of the list.
- Maintenance – Tile floors in the kitchen require little to no annual maintenance. While wood looks great in a kitchen, it takes lots of extra care and attention to keep it looking its best. It’s also susceptible to scratches and dents that ruin the finish. Tile, on the other hand, simply needs a sweep or a wet mop to keep it looking its best for years to come. With constant spills and food accidents, tile floors ensure a quick and easy clean up, making it the perfect floor choice for the kitchen.
- Hygienic – Keeping your kitchen germ free is critical and not just on the appliances and countertops but on the floors as well. Clean kitchen floors are essential to the well-being of your family, especially if you have young children. A tile floor is much easier to disinfect than other flooring options because you can use stronger cleaning solutions on them especially if you choose a porcelain or ceramic tile rather than a natural stone.
It’s also worth noting that, unlike hardwood, vinyl, or linoleum, tile floors are non-flammable, an important point to keep in mind for kitchen flooring.
Choosing Tile for Your Kitchen Floor
If you are convinced that tile is the best choice for your kitchen, then bravo! Now comes the fun part. You get to shop for your tiles and find the perfect ones that you will love and enjoy due to their low maintenance and cleanability. Not to mention the ROI you’ll receive from installing them.
About Flowers Flooring
Flowers Flooring is your family flooring specialist with two locations – Cornelius, NC, and Winston-Salem, NC. Both locations service a 100-mile radius from the showroom. Both locations specialize in flooring sales and installation, including carpet, laminate, hardwood, sand & finish, hardwood restoration, vinyl plank, vinyl tile, rubber flooring, tile floors, tile showers, tile backsplash, area rugs, interior painting, and more. To reach the Cornelius, NC location please call (704) 445-7750 and to reach our Winston-Salem location, please call (336) 660-0977. Please be sure to inquire about our current promotion and financing offers.